Disadvantages of IPTV
Please bear in mind that IPTV is a non-licensed IPTV service (unofficial provider or underground provider).
Sometimes you may experience these main issues on IPTV as below, but it rarely happens:
No EPG service
1) No guarantee that you can watch all IPTV channels without issues.
The channel provider's server might be under maintenance or down occasionally, or there's a lot of users are watching that particular channel and the server became busy, hence you might not able to watch the channel. Bear in mind that IPTV service is provided by best-effort basis. The only thing that the IPTV provider can do is to maintain the availability of the channels as much as possible. IPTV provider always tries its best to add more amount of server capacity to ensure customers are able to watch it despite many customers are watching.
2) If the channel provider's location is currently heavy rain, you will not able to watch the channel until the weather is cleared.
Do note that IPTV obtains most of its channels from Ku-band satellite dish, just like most usual customers that subscribed to DTH service. If the channel provider's location is currently heavy rain, you will not able to watch the channel and it shows "Services currently not available". Which means it doesn't matter if your area is currently heavy rain or not when you're using IPTV. It depends on when and how often you watch IPTV, as you might encounter this occasionally.
3) Audio/video is not well synchronized (lip-sync issue)
Sometimes you might notice the audio/video does not match what you see/listen. Such as the video is playing ahead over audio, or the video is playing slower behind over audio. But not everyone will notice this issue, so it shouldn't be a big issue.
4) Some channels might occasionally pause and buffer, or it will keep on Loading when switching channels
This is a very common thing that happens on IPTV platform and you might experience this as well.
It also might be the IPTV APK is not compatible with your Android box. You might have to downgrade to an older version of IPTV or update to the latest version.
- You cannot see what program are currently showing on IPTV. You need to find the program's schedule by your own.
You cannot change your preferred subtitle language
- Channels from Malaysia: Malay subtitles except for selected Chinese channels.
- Channels from any Indonesia pay TV: Indonesia subtitles
- Channels from Videocon d2h: English subtitles
You cannot record any programs like PVR
Longer change channel time
- It takes 3-5 seconds for a channel to load, depends on your Internet connection.
IPTV is suitable for those who wants to pay less and watch premium channels you can't afford to subscribe to the legal DTH service, or you want to watch foreign channels from other country/satellites. Although there is an amount of disadvantages of IPTV, but do bear in mind that you are paying an affordable price per month and you can get access to over 210 channels.